Lyndarum North, Wollert, VIC.
With spring in the air, and summer just around the corner, now is the best time to get active outdoors. If you’re looking for some fun, family and child friendly ideas, we’ve got you covered!
Here are 10 activities you can get stuck into this weekend:
- Explore the neighbourhood. You can walk, ride or scooter!
- Draw a hopscotch board with chalk.
- Set up a canvas and let your little ones paint up a storm.
- Have a picnic in your own backyard.
- Wash the car.
- Plant a small container garden. Herbs are an easy option.
- Make and eat homemade icy poles.
- Pitch a tent and create your own backyard camp site.
- Make paper airplanes and have a competition. Who can make theirs fly the furthest?
- Blow bubbles! Kids, especially young ones, love to chase and pop bubbles! You can even make your own mixture.
How to make homemade bubble solution
When making homemade bubbles, it’s best to do it in large batches. Use a washed-out cordial or juice container. Then store the leftover bubbles in this container.
To use the bubble solution, pour it into an empty store-bought bubble container or a washed-out plastic jar with a wide opening.
If needed, you can also make a homemade bubble wand using cookie cutters or pipe cleaners.
This simple recipe produces excellent bubbles. Many people use just water and dishwashing liquid, but the addition of corn syrup or glycerine holds the solution together to make better bubbles.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or 2 tablespoons glycerine
- 4 tablespoons dishwashing liquid
Stir together until everything is dissolved. Finally, enjoy blowing some bubbles in your backyard or at a local park.