Evergreen, Spring Farm
Our worlds were turned upside down in 2020 when COVID-19 forced many of us to work from home with little forewarning. At the same time as working from home, other external activities became restrictive.
Suddenly, the home became not only the office but the universal activity centre for our lives - the school, the gym, the movie theatre, the restaurant, etc.
During this period of unprecedented change, the AVJennings Design Team, in conjunction with the Marketing Team, undertook a series of investigative exercises including surveys, focus groups, and workshops in an endeavour to gain an insight into the way we lived and adapted our homes as a result of the pandemic.
The outcome of this research was a COVID-19 responsive design prototype constructed at AVJennings’ Evergreen, Spring Farm community. The features of this innovative prototype include:
- Parcel letterbox – for increased online shopping.
- Front verandah – for increased engagement with the neighbourhood.
- Remote garage door opening App – to allow for the activation & observation of the garage door for larger deliveries when not at home.
- Keyless entry & entry light sensor – to minimize ‘touching’ prior to sanitisation.
- Sanitisation station near entry with touchless tap & lighting – for handwashing and sanitising prior entering to the house.
- Multi-purpose room with increased acoustic performance and wall strengthening – for a multitude of activities including home office, home-schooling, exercising, and musical practice.
- IT/Home Admin nook – for general computer/device activity and charging etc within the primary living area.
- Logical zoning – clearly separating living areas, master bedroom, secondary bedrooms, and multi-purpose room.
To find out more check out the video and photos below!