It's that spooky time of year...
It is that time of year when the ghouls and ghosts come out to play and in the spirit of Halloween we have some activities for both young and old to enjoy.
Halloween colouring fun
We have put together a Halloween colouring book that you can also use to decorate your home in the DIY crafting spirit of the day. We would also love for you to share your artistic talents on the community facebook page HERE and feel free to use the #HalloweenatAVJ
Click the colouring book cover below to download a copy - just print it out and start colouring!
Decorate your house for Halloween and WIN!
We are also running a competition to promote some healthy neighbourly rivalry with a Halloween themed house decoration competition open to residents of Eyre only.
Please go to the Eyre residents page to find out more on how to enter and WIN.
Since Halloween will be a little different this year please note some COVID-19 safe practices recommended by kidsinadelaide.com.au
Trick or Treat Etiquette
- Halloween is not compulsory. If you hate it, and you don’t want to participate that’s more than fine. Turn your front light off and post a friendly note on the door letting people know not to knock. Just don’t poo poo on the people who think it’s fun (like us)
Download the SAPOL Yes to trick or treat poster HERE
Download the SAPOL No to trick or treat poster HERE
- As above, please respect those houses not participating and please remember your manners!
- Kids, please trick or treat in a group. It’s way more fun and way more safe!
- Offer wrapped lollies and chocolates. A bowl of unwrapped lollies with a thousand kiddy hands passing through it is a whole nightmare of it’s own.
- Go easy on the healthy “treats” Its trick or TREAT not trick or sultana.
- Have fun! Don’t feel pressure to buy the most expensive costume – have fun making one at home
Stay safe and happy Halloween!